Test Laboratory for Printing Quality and Post Press
You can identify the quality of a product or of a press subjectively. Of course it is better to use generally accepted rules for the identification, e. g. norms, international standards and guidelines.
We can offer the most modern testing and measuring procedures to you. Our equipment and our methods meet national and international standards. We co-operate either with press manufacturers and press users.
- Testing the quality of printed products
- Press examinations
- Press acceptance tests according to standards given by bvdm or IFRA
- Troubleshooting at problems in the printing process and at the press
- Checks of material characteristics, e. g. paper, inks and dampening solution
- Staff training, e. g. use of measuring equipment in the printing process
- PSO certifications after implementing the standard
For this we use a broad range of measuring and testing equipment such as densitometers, spectro photometers and reflectometers, bending stiffness and printability tester, viscometer, tensile tester as well as a microscope with digital image capture and profile measurement.
- Measurement of the curing of UV inks, Check and optimisation of radiators
- Evaluation of ink curing and ink setting behaviour
- Ink mileage evaluations
- Ink consumption of different papers and other substrates
- Rub resistance evaluation of printed products, especially package printing with varnish finish
- Evaluation of moistening and ink adhesion at critical substrates
- Ink deviations in the printing process
- Register measurements for press evaluations
With the neutrality of the SID you can be also assured to our discreetness during the handling of your tasks. Impartiality and integrity are laid down in the quality management system of our laboratory and are base of our work. You will get expertises and reports by our laboratory of printing quality and post processing which are approved for legal disputes as well.